Chocolate and banana pair so nicely together, don’t they? I think I’ve already expressed my love of muffins to you, but I’ll do it again.
I just love muffins. Absolutely love them. The muffin top is the best part! There, now you know.
Muffins are wonderful things to bake for people who are new to baking and those who are seasoned bakers. Get it? Seasoned. Haha. I know, I’m not very funny. They are quite simple to make and can be sweet or savory. Not to mention they are just cute little things aren’t they?
Muffins are so easy to customize. For instance, lets say you have a blueberry muffin recipe that you make all the time but that’s the only muffin you’ve ever made. Why not substitute the blueberries for strawberries and add a touch of almond extract and now you you’ve got strawberry almond muffins. See, I told you it was easy.
Here’s your shopping list for these delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
all-purpose flour – whole-wheat flour – old-fashioned oats – baking powder – salt – butter – granulated sugar – brown sugar – eggs – greek yogurt – bananas – vanilla extract – almond extract – chocolate chips – applesauce – chia seeds
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 3 bananas
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place muffin papers in 20-24 muffin cups
- Combine the flours, oats, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the butter, sugars, eggs and yogurt.
- Once combined add in the bananas, apple sauce and extracts.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chia seeds.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- No need to mash the bananas, just toss them into the bowl whole.
Greek Yogurt Banana Bread – this banana bread is super moist and delicious. This recipe makes two loafs, one for now and one to freeze for later.
Blueberry Muffins – a recipe for blueberry muffins that you can make all year long – use fresh of frozen blueberries.