Easter will be here in just a few short weeks, and if your Easter ends like mine does, then you will probably have a ton of leftover hard boiled eggs. Have no fear. I’ve come up with some ideas for those left over eggs. Keep checking back in the next few days and you’ll find some tasty recipes.
Today I want to share with you my avocado egg salad. This egg salad is so creamy and so good for you! You get protein from the eggs and all that good for you fiber from the avocado. This comes together in minuets and it involves no cooking, because those eggs are already cooked!
This is so simple and yummy, it makes me smile.
You can eat this plain with a spoon. Eat it on your favorite bread like I like to, I favor a 12 grain bread. It’s delicious and has tons of whole grains. Use it as a dip for vegetables. Roll it up in a tortilla. Stuff it in a pita. Spread it on crackers. The options are endless.
Here is what you need to put this together.
Half of an avocado – two hardboiled eggs – juice of half a lime – 1/8 teaspoon cumin – half of a roma tomato – mayo or greek yogurt (optional) – pepper and garlic salt to taste
Mash up the avocado and mix in your chopped up eggs. Add the cumin, lime juice and diced tomato. Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste. If this avocado egg salad isn’t creamy enough for you, you can always add a tablespoon or two of mayo or greek yogurt, but I don’t think it needs it.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you are making this for more that just yourself.
- 1/2 of an avocado, mashed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 of a roma tomato, diced
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- juice of half a lime
- 1-2 tbsp. Greek yogurt or mayo (optional)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, eggs, tomato, cumin and lime juice in a bowl.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in Greek yogurt or mayo if you choose to use it.
- Serve with whatever you like, some options are listed below.
- Serve between two slices of bread.
- Use egg salad as a dip for vegetables.
- Roll it up in a tortilla.
- Stuff it in a pita.
- Spread it on crackers.
- Grab a spoon and dig in!