This recipe came up kind of on a whim. I was in the baking mood and had a ton of apples. I hadn’t made a cake for a while so I thought why not make an apple cake.
Like all of my recipes this is super easy and this apple cake is so moist it’s ridiculous! You don’t need anything fancy to make this and you probably have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen right now.
This apple cake is great for an after dinner treat and it’s great for breakfast too. This would be a great recipe to have on your Easter brunch table. You may even want to make two because this cake will definitely go fast.
The great thing about this apple cake is that there is no butter and no oil. I think that’s great anyway. I used Greek yogurt and apple sauce instead. It works perfect for this apple cake recipe. I love using Greek yogurt and apple sauce in recipes as opposed to oil and butter. It makes me feel better!
Here’s your ingredient list:
Greek yogurt – apple sauce – eggs – vanilla extract – almond extract – all-purpose flour – whole-wheat flour – baking soda – baking powder – salt – cinnamon – granulated sugar – brown sugar – apples
This is so easy. You toss everything into a bowl, mix it, and then pour it into a greased bundt pan and bake it.
Let’s start by mixing together, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, the Greek yogurt, apple sauce, eggs and extracts. Mix in the sugars next. Carefully add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Continue to mix until everything is just incorporated. You don’t want to over mix. At the very end fold in the diced apples.
Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan, and place a preheated oven for about an hour. Let the cake cool for a little bit before removing it from the pan.
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Liberally grease a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the Greek yogurt, apple sauce, eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Beat in the granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Slowly add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Beat until everything is just combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and place in the preheated oven for an hour or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least half hour before removing it from the pan. Letting it cool longer is better.