Thanksgiving has come and gone and the rest of the holiday season is in full swing. What does that mean for me? It’s cookie time! I know there are millions of others out there like me that pretty much the minute we’re done stuffing our faces with Thanksgiving dinner we jump right into cookie mode. I’ll admit I started a little early this year. By the time Thanksgiving arrived I had already made four different holiday sweet treats! I think I ate almost all of them myself, and that’s no joke.
We’re starting off with a simple holiday treat. These are easy to put together, bake up quickly, are super cute and taste pretty darn good to! I’m talking about my HoHoHo! Cake Mix Cookies!
Kudos for the cookie name go to my little guy. He helped me make these and as we were mixing and pouring and scooping I was explaining that he needs to keep being a good boy so Santa will come and leave presents under the tree. I told him that we need to leave out some cookies for Santa and carrots for Rudolph and the other reindeer. He was very excited about that. In the mean time my mom called and I had her on speaker and told her we were making cookies and she asked my little guy what kind we were making and he told her hohoho cookies, so that’s what we’re calling them!
I love having my son in the kitchen with me. He’s only 2 1/2 years old and yes sometimes we make a huge mess, I’ll tell you about the flour explosion we had while making cookies number three and four later!, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! He’s a great helper, and of course a greater cookie tester too! And who better to ask for an honest opinion about whether the cookies are good or not than a child! They are the most honest critics!
Spend some kitchen time with your kids this holiday season and whip up a batch of these HoHoHo! Cake Mix Cookies. You may want to make two batches, I guarantee those little hands will be sneaking the cookies, there won’t be any left for you.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup red, white and green sprinkles
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- (extra sprinkles and chocolate for sprinkling if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat together the cake mix, eggs, flour and oil until just combined. Pour in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips and mix together with a spatula.
- Drop 1-1/2 tbsp. size balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for two minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- If you want your cookies to look like mine, before placing them in the oven, wet the bottom of a glass and lightly press down on the dough and add a few extra sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- I like to use my 1-1/2 tbsp. cookie scoop to get uniform size and shape cookies.