Here I am with another granola recipe. I can’t help myself! This Cinnamon Raisin Granola has got to be the simplest granola ever but it is my absolute favorite! It tastes just like an oatmeal raisin cookie, but it’s granola! I think we’re do for something healthy! I mean the last recipe I gave you was Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip, so something healthy it is!
Making homemade granola is super simple! I know you can all do it too!
As I’m sitting here on my couch writing this post, trying to hurry up before my kids wake up from their nap and watching the snow fall, I’m already contemplating my next granola flavor. This Cinnamon Raisin didn’t last very long! I’m thinking maybe peanut butter, or maple pecan?! That sounds delicious!
As I’m watching the snow fall I can’t help but wish it was Spring, I’m tired of being cold! Although it is a nice pretty snow, not the ugly mess with traffic kinda snow we all hate here in the Midwest! But I’m still cold! Made myself some hot chocolate and I pushed the wrong button on my keurig and now I’m left with watered down hot chocolate, gross! I’d much rather be drinking a pina colada anyway! 😀
Can I just say this too, winter in the Midwest is not really my friend when it comes time to taking food photos. The sun sets way too early!
So about this granola, it really does taste like an oatmeal cookie! Granola really is so easy to make and you can create any flavor you want. It just takes five minutes to mix the ingredients together and 45-60 minutes in the oven. Not to mention the wonderful smell that comes from your oven.
I’m sure I’ve told you this before but I love eating granola just as a snack, so does my two year old. He’s always walking around with a bowl of it himself. He needs to eat it with a plastic spoon, he’s got his own special stash of them in the kitchen. Why he needs a plastic spoon, I don’t know, he’s two and half! Just go with it!
This Cinnamon Raisin Granola is bursting with cinnamon flavor, which just happens to be my favorite! How can you not like cinnamon?! It lasts quite a while too! Just store it in an airtight container and it’s good for about three weeks. It NEVER lasts that long in my house though!
Oats are so good for you and you can do so many things with them. It’s amazing how many oats we go through over here! I’m telling you I think I buy the big container every other week. Crazy I know!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl combine the honey, coconut oil, and butter and microwave for a few seconds just until the coconut oil and butter have melted.
- Whisk mixture.
- Add in the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk once more.
- Stir in the oats and mix well until all the oats are coated.
- Pour the oats onto a baking sheet (you may need two depending on how big yours are), and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, just until the oats are lightly toasted, stirring every 15 minutes. Ovens vary so start checking at 45 minutes.
- Add the raisins to the oats and mix well while the oats are still hot. Let them cool on the baking sheet completely.
- Store in an airtight container.