Cream Cheese Brownies! Heck yes! Thank you very much! A fudgy brownie with a cream cheese swirl. I’ll take a dozen!
I love making brownies. They are so easy, and they’re pretty much fool proof. I mean you can’t really mess up a brownie. If they come out cakey, still a brownie. If they come out fudgy, still a brownie. If they come out a little under baked, still a brownie (the best kind)! If they come out a little over baked, serve them with a scoop of ice cream and no one will ever know!
See I’m telling ya, super easy. The best part, many brownie recipes don’t need a mixer and some don’t even need a bowl! Like my Saucepan Brownies, all you need is a pot! Super quick and practically no clean up!
These Cream Cheese Brownies are made in a saucepan too. You do need a bowl and a mixer to make the cream cheese swirl, but hey if we’re basically making a cheesecake to swirl into the brownies I’ll dirty the bowl!
These come together so quick and you only need a few simple ingredients. They look so pretty too with the yummy cream cheese swirled throughout the brownies.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together, stirring often until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the chocolate and butter mixture is cooling make the cream cheese swirl.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla and 1 egg together until smooth.
- To the melted butter and chocolate mixture stir in the sugar, vanilla and eggs untill well incorporated. Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Reserve about 3/4 cup of the brownie batter and pour the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Dollop the cream cheese swirl mixture over the brownie batter and lightly spread out.
- Dollop the reserved 3/4 cup of the brownie batter over the cream cheese layer.
- Using a butter knife or a wooden skewer gently swirl all the layers together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 28-33 minutes or until the edges pull away slightly from the sides of the pan and the center is just set.
- Let cool completely in the pan. Once cool place the brownies in the refrigerator for an hour before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.