This Creamy Taco Cilantro Lime Dressing is a family favorite! You can put it on anything! We love it on a taco salad or drizzled over a burrito, enchilada or a taco. You can use it in a Tex-Mex panini or on a pulled pork sandwich! I even like to use it just as a veggie dip.
It’s so good and you can easily make it thinner by adding a little milk. This dressing only requires a few ingredients. Ingredients that many of us have all the time.
I came up with this dressing on a day we had a taco salad for dinner. Chris loves this creamy avocado dressing I make (I’ll share the recipe soon) but I was all out of avocados so this was my result and it’s pretty darn tasty!
This recipe just takes one bowl. No blender or food processor necessary. You can easily cut the recipe in half or double or triple it if you are making this for a large crowd.
This is so simple it comes together in just minutes. To a bowl you just add the sour cream and mayo and mix it well. Mix in the taco seasoning and cilantro. Squeeze in the lime juice, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and that’s it. If you want you can add a few dashes of a green hot pepper sauce. I do. Well I add more than a couple dashes! I probably add about 1/4 of the bottle, but we love it! The hot sauce is totally optional.
I love making my own dressings. It so simple and I love controlling the ingredients that go into my food. Playing with different combinations of ingredients makes it fun, that’s how new recipes are created. Everything doesn’t always come out great the first time, but if you don’t try you’ll never know what works and what doesn’t. That’s what I love about cooking. There are no rules!
Next time you’re in the mood for a Tex-Mex meal add this dressing to your menu!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Green pepper hot sauce, optional
- Combine mayo and sour cream in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the taco seasoning and cilantro and mix to combine.
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. If using add the green pepper hot sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you want a thinner dressing, add a little bit of milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add a pinch of sugar if the lime is too overpowering.