This pistachio cake is a family favorite! I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve had it! My sister and I used to request this all the time when we were younger. Who am I kidding, we still do! Now I just make it myself.
This is seriously the easiest cake. You just need a box of yellow cake mix, a package of pistachio pudding and just a few other ingredients. This is a no frills cake. No frosting no fancy glaze, I don’t even put powdered sugar on top! So basic yet everyone loves it!
I don’t know what it is about this cake but it seriously stays moist for days! I mean days! My husband and I ate the entire cake ourselves this last time I made it. No, not at one time it took us a week, well maybe five day but who’s counting. My point is that is was still moist!
You have got to try this for your next party, or just because it’s a Tuesday, or because the packages of pudding were on sale at the grocery store! Do you even need a reason?!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 package pistachio pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fine,y chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine all six ingredients for the cake batter and beat on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the ingredients for the the sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour 1/3 of the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture on top. Pour another third of the cake batter into the pan and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on top. Add in the remaining cake batter and smooth out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.