You have got to try these Dulce de Leche Chocolate Toffee Bars! These are a total hit with the electricians! When Chris brings a batch of these to work, he never brings any back home.
So easy to make and they always come out perfect. These have a streusel crust, and what’s better than that? Then a gooey layer of dulce de leche which has become one of my favorite ingredients. Followed by a layer of chocolate chips and toffee chips. Then topped with some of the streusel crust.
I mean seriously how can that not be absolutely fantastic?! Deulce de Leche is so good, I could eat it out of the can, and I would if I wouldn’t have to run 100 miles to burn off all those calories.
These little bars of heaven are so addicting I bet you can just eat one. Believe me I’ve tried! You can never just eat one. I need to work on my self control. I can’t help myself. I totally have a sweet tooth. I blame my mom for that!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 - 13.4 oz can dulce de leche
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and butter and mix until well combined. It works best if you use your hands.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the crust mixture and press the remaining into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile scoop the dulce de leche into a small sauce pan and warm over low heat until it becomes spreadable.
- After you remove the crust from the oven pour the now spreadable dulce de leche over the crust and spread into an even layer. Evenly sprinkle the the chocolate chips and toffee bits over the dulce de leche,
- Sprinkle the top with the reserved 1/3 cup of crust.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.